This course is designed to explore the question, “Are leaders born or made?” and offer a practical theory of situational leadership that can be effectively applied in any organization. There will be opportunities to explore the use of power and the ability to lead others in the accomplishment of organizational goals while building a positive and productive work culture.
- Analyze a situation and choose an appropriate leadership style,
- Use task and maintenance leadership actions,
- Serve as a role model to develop team spirit and leadership behaviors in their sphere of influence,
- Trust their own ability to influence effectively and inspire employees to accomplish organizational goals, and
- Distinguish between personal and positional power, and the appropriate use of each to best motivate and lead employees.